No authorisation for Forgot your password page

Describe the issue / Steps to reproduce:
Go to loginpage, klick Forgot your password link, no authorisation for the page

I have a problem with BlueSpice free version 4.4.3: probably since this version the Forgot your password link does not work anymore: No authorisation for the page.

It may be related to this change in version 4.4.3:

BlueSpicePermissionManager - User-related special pages should only be accessible to admins even though the wiki is public (ERM36026)

If a wiki is publicly accessible, then anonymous users can also access it. However, certain special pages may contain sensitive data, which is why they are no longer publicly accessible.

https://de.wiki.bluespice.com/wiki/Setup:Release_Notes#4.4.3

Did I miss something in the change log or should I have set something differently?

Expected behavior:
Show the page to reset Password

What was the error message/error log?
no authorisation for the page.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

System info:
view system requirements

• Server: Apache 2.4
  • PHP: PHP 8.1
  • Database: MariaDB 10.4
  • BlueSpice version: BlueSpice free 4.4.3
  • Browser version: Firefox and Chromium on Linux

Best regards
Frank

Hello Frank,
welcome to the forum!
Yes, this actually has to do with the change you mentioned. The special page is currently only accessible to admins. We have already opened a bug ticket and will release the page again for non-admins. As a workaround, an admin would actually have to assign a new password until the permissions for the link have been adjusted.
Best regards
Monique

1 Like

Hello Monique,

is there something new about this problem?

Is there a link to the ticket?

Thanks, Frank

Hi Frank,
this issue has been resolved and will be part of our next release (BlueSpice 4.5), which should be out in about 2 weeks.

Internal ticket 37079

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/BlueSpicePermissionManager/+/1026137

BlueSpice support team

1 Like

Hi,

great, thank you very much, nice to hear.

Frank